Month: July 2003

  • Changes at Emmis-Indianapolis

    Indianapolis…Tom Severino, Vice President/General Manager of Emmis Indianapolis, has announced a series of changes to the Indianapolis radio team. All changes are effectively immediately. Jon Quick, who has been Director of News & Programming at WIBC-AM (1070)/Network Indiana/AgriAmerica Network, has been promoted to Director of Operations for the same group. Jo Robinson, who has been…

    keep reading

  • Emmis Completes Purchase of Controlling Interest in Six Austin Radio Stations

    Indianapolis…Emmis Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: EMMS) today announced that the company has purchased 50.1% of a six-station radio cluster in Austin, Texas in a cash transaction for approximately $105 million. Sinclair Telecable, Inc. owns the remaining 49.9% interest in the cluster. The radio stations involved are KLBJ-AM (590 News-Talk), KLBJ-FM (93.7 Rock), KGSR-FM (107.1, Adult Alternative),…

    keep reading

  • Emmis Communications Reports 1st Q Results

    Indianapolis…Emmis Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: EMMS) today announced results for its first fiscal quarter ending May 31, 2003. “Emmis’ performance continues to be the best in the industry – in both radio and television,” Jeff Smulyan, Chairman and CEO of Emmis, said. “We are encouraged by the first quarter numbers, and with such strong performance indicators,…

    keep reading