Acceptance of Terms Through Use
Links to Third Party Sites
Emmis' site contains links to sites operated by third parties. The linked sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or subsequent links from that site. Please review the linked site's use agreements, and if you do not agree to be bound by the terms governing that site, we recommend that you terminate your visit to that site. We provide links only as a courtesy to our users, and such links do not imply our endorsement of any linked site.
User's Grant of Limited License
By posting or submitting content to the Site, you grant Emmis and our affiliates and worldwide licensees the right to use, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute and promote the content in any form, anywhere and for any purpose. You also warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content and that our public posting and use of your content will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party. Emmis retains the right to monitor, edit or otherwise change your posting or other content submitted to the Site without your permission.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to our Designated Agent. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied and is available on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please click here.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE (THE "CONTENT") ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR USE. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR OTHERWISE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. Emmis, NOR OUR SUBSIDIARIES OR LICENSORS, MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT THE CONTENT OF THE SITE IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; THAT THE CONTENT IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR THAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE SUCCESSFUL RESULTS FROM FOLLOWING ANY INSTRUCTIONS, DIRECTIONS OR RECOMMENDATIONS ON THE SITE.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL Emmis, OUR SUBSIDIARIES OR OUR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR FROM INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OUR LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Emmis and our subsidiary and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, officers and directors harmless from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including attorney's fees, that arise from your use or misuse of the Site or the Content therein. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
By choosing to access the Site from any location other than the United States, you accept full responsibility for compliance with all local laws that are applicable. Emmis makes no representation that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited.
Choice of Law
Integration and Severability
Unauthorized Use and Termination
You agree to use the Site only for authorized and legal activities. Emmis reserves the right, in its our sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of the Site, with or without notice and for any reason whatsoever.
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you are notifying us of alleged copyright infringement, please be sure to provide the following information in the form required by 17 U.S.C. § 512:
(1) A description of the copyrighted work that you allege is being infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
(2) A description of the allegedly infringing material and information sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
(3) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and/or an electronic mail address;
(4) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent, or the law; and
(5) A statement by you that the information in the notification is accurate and that you have the authority to enforce the copyrights that are claimed to be infringed.
Designated Agent for Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement
NAME: Director of Internet Technologies
ADDRESS: Emmis Operating Company
40 Monument Circle, Suite 500
Indianapolis , Indiana 46204
PHONE: (317) 684-6546
FAX: (317) 684-8810
Upon receipt of the Notification containing the complete and accurate information listed above, Service Provider shall:
(1) remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
(2) forward the written Notification to such alleged infringer ("Subscriber"); and
(3) take reasonable steps to promptly notify the Subscriber that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
If a Subscriber wishes to respond to notice and take down of infringing material, he/she may file Counter Notification, a written communication provided to the Service Provider's Designated Agent that includes substantially the following:
(1) a physical or electronic signature of the Subscriber;
(2) identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
(3) a statement under penalty of perjury that the Subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
(4) the Subscriber's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the Subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the Subscriber's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the Service Provider may be found, and that the Subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of a Counter Notification containing the above information, Service Provider shall:
(1) provide the Complaining Party with a copy of the Counter Notification;
(2) inform the Complaining Party that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it within ten (10) business days;
(3) replace the removed material or cease disabling access to the material within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the Counter Notification, provided Service Provider's Designated Agent has not received notice from the Complaining Party that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain Subscriber from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on Service Provider's network or system.