Emmis Communications Completes Refinancing
Deal that includes several Indy-based lenders helps solidify company’s financial structure
For Immediate Release: Friday, December 28, 2012
Investor Contact: Ryan Hornaday, firstname.lastname@example.org Media Contact: Kate Snedeker, email@example.com
Indianapolis…Emmis Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: EMMS) announced today the completion of a new $100 million Credit Agreement. Proceeds from the Credit Agreement will be used to refinance the Company's existing Term Loan B, Extended Term Loan B, Senior Unsecured Notes, and for general corporate purposes. The new Credit Agreement is comprised of an $80 million term loan and $20 million revolving line of credit with a five year maturity. The Company expects that the new Credit Agreement will further enhance steps the Company has taken during the past year to create shareholder value by reducing interest expenses and targeting free cash flow generated for principal repayments.
"This marks an important milestone for Emmis," remarked Jeffrey Smulyan, Emmis Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "We're thrilled that after several years of hard work we are now in a position to refinance the Company at favorable and flexible terms to provide Emmis the capital to fuel our future growth. I'm also excited that our efforts allowed us to once again work with a number of local banks here in Indianapolis as we work together to build Emmis as a unique corporate asset in our community."
The $100 million Credit Agreement was led by J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and GE Capital Markets, Inc. as Joint Bookrunners and Joint Lead Arrangers. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. will act as Administrative Agent, General Electric Capital Corporation, acted as Syndication Agent and Fifth Third Bank as Documentation Agent.
About Emmis Communications
Emmis Communications Corporation is a diversified media company, principally focused on radio broadcasting. Emmis operates the 9th largest publicly traded radio portfolio in the United States based on total listeners. Emmis operates 19 FM and three AM radio stations in New York, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Austin, Indianapolis and Terre Haute, IN.
Note: Certain statements included in this press release which are not statements of historical fact, including but not limited to those identified with the words “expect,” “will” or “look” are intended to be, and are, by this Note, identified as “forward-looking statements,” as defined in the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Such statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from any future result, performance or achievement expressed or implied by such forward-looking statement.
Such factors include, among others:
* general economic and business conditions;
* fluctuations in the demand for advertising and demand for different types of advertising media;
* our ability to service our outstanding debt;
* increased competition in our markets and the broadcasting industry;
* our ability to attract and secure programming, on-air talent, writers and photographers;
* inability to obtain (or to obtain timely) necessary approvals for purchase or sale transactions or to complete the transactions for other reasons generally beyond our control;
* increases in the costs of programming, including on-air talent;
* inability to grow through suitable acquisitions or to consummate dispositions;
* changes in audience measurement systems
* new or changing regulations of the Federal Communications Commission or other governmental agencies;
* competition from new or different technologies;
* war, terrorist acts or political instability; and
* other factors mentioned in documents filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Emmis does not undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements because of new information, future events or otherwise.